Our Objectives in spending the Pupil Premium Grant:.
- To remove barriers to learning.
- To accelerate pupil progress and raise attainment
- To support social and emotional development that enables children to learn.
- To broaden experiences and widen opportunities for children.
Strategy for using the funding
Increasing the rate of progress and overall achievement for targeted children through:
- Focus on learning in the curriculum.
- Focus on social, emotional and behaviour.
- Focus on enrichment beyond the curriculum.
- Focus on families.
Our school self-evaluation to date shows that the additional support, opportunities, intervention strategies put in place through the Pupil a positive impact upon children's emotional, social and behavoural development. This aspect of our whole school self-evaluation will continue in order to judge the effectiveness and value for money of initiatives put in place through the Pupil Premium.
For further details on how we have spent and plan to spend our Pupil Premium funding, please see the grant reports below:
Pupil Premium Projected Expenditure 2020-2021
Pupil Premium Grant Report 2019-2020
Pupil Premium Grant Report 2018-2019
Pupil Premium Strategy Report 2019 - 2022
The pupil premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
Schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit. However we will be held accountable for how we have used the additioal funding.
Headteachers and school governing bodies are accountable for the impact of pupil premium funding in the following ways:
- performance tables, which show the performance of disadvantaged pupils compared with their peers
- requiring schools to publish details online each year of how they are using the pupil premium and the impact it is having on pupil achievement
- the Ofsted inspection framework, where inspectors focus on the attainment of pupil groups, and in particular those who attract the pupil premium.